Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Ljubljana, Slovenia

 


One of the days I spent in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, I went on a day trip to Slovenia. We went to 2 cities - Ljubljano and Bled. This post will be about Ljubljano. Slovenia is only about an hour’s drive by car
and with Croatia entering the Schengen, it is easy to go from country to country. 


There were a lot of sculptures here, 
both antique and modern.



The town is right on a river.


I loved the decorated exterior of buildings. 

Lo

This is a “green” city and mostly bicycles and electric 
cars are used. Also, there is an electric mini bus that will drive you around for free.



Coming near to Easter there were egg, and chicks 
and swan candles.


This building was called “Magic and Mysticism”. I ran out of time but I would have loved to 
go see what is in there. 




This brass door to the church depicts 6 “priests” holding the body of Christ (?) This is my guess. 


 This is the dragon bridge. All 4 corners have dragons on them and the history of the bridge is described on this plaque. Dragons are the symbol of Ljubljano.

A local “dragon” restaurant.


Interesting buildings!


A beautiful sun dial 


Our guide and a lovely painted historical building 
in the background 
 

Vending machines for milk. (That’s a new one to me)



The local marketplace 




Another vending machine for various things including hand lotion (?) and sun screen (?)

A charming bridge over the river.


A local restaurant that our tour guide suggested.
EXCELLENT!





Sausage in a soup. Delicious!


My little table and chair where I ate.



I actually like to take photos of the manhole covers in different towns.This is the one in Ljubljana. 

A must see town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment