Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lisbon, Portugal - The Tile Museum

Lisbon, Portugal - The Tile Museum

 


So, I already posted about the beautiful city of Lisbon, but here I am posting only about the Tile Museum. I have been to Spain before and visited The Alhambra. There were beautiful tiles there that I remembered so when I toured the Tile Museum I was thrilled! If you like tile, this is the place to go!

Tiles of all varieties,

styles,

dates



colors
 
 
Textures

 
histories 


 
 and shapes
 
 
  
 

Here I will not have much commentary. This is mostly so that you can "see what you can see".







Here is a beautiful cathedral that was attached to the Tile Museum. It is exquisite! There will be more details about this cathedral later. I need to do a little bit of research about it.







Just to note, I took pictures of the beautiful
Parkay and marble floors.

You may also want to check out the, what I would call, "stalls" where I would guess the cardinals sat during mass.


There were little "shadow box" style of glass front cabinets where various artifacts were stored. I would assume they were personal items or momentos of the various cardinals. Again, I have to do the research to find out the stories behind them but here are a few more pictures.
























 

 
 
Magnificent, isn't it?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment