Saturday, July 4, 2015

Barcelona - La Rambla Bazaar (caution! Some of these "foods" you have never seen on an American table before!!) June 17, 2015

Barcelona - La Rambla Bazaar (Caution! Some of these "foods" you have never seen on an American table before!) June 17, 2015

So, I am "hanging" with my American friends in Barcelona and we happen upon a "Bazaar" type outdoors market that is for the locals - not for the tourists and you won't believe what we saw! We certainly couldn't! I took so-o-o many pictures but I am just going to give you a feel of what was going on in there. I didn't even take pictures of the whole bazaar. It was too big!! But, boy, did we have fun! So here are some samples of our discoveries.
 
You enter into the bazaar from La Rambla, a major walkway shopping area in downtown Barcelona. As I said, we were walking down La Rambla and came upon this entrance.
 

I tried to enlarge the entrance sign but still can't read what it says, but here goes!
 
Inside there are canopies overhead and rows and rows and rows of products for sale.

First of all, there are rows and rows of the most beautiful produce I think I have ever seen! A cornucopia of fruits and vegetables of all colors, sizes, shapes, varieties!







 
Then moving into large varieties of nuts and dried fruits,

and how many types of olives can you count in this picture?






Here are candy coated nuts and chocolates.



 
Then we have . . .

marzipan! (almond paste candy) and, I think, pistacios.
These are "gummies" and licorice candies.
How about a "smoothie" or fresh cut berries and mangos?

 
I count about 10 different varieties of dates here.
 

Anyone want cheese?
 

And talk about fish ...
take a look at these fish! I've never seen some of these before! 
 
 
Look at this variety of fresh shrimp!

 
And this giant flat fish (not a name, just a description. I have no idea what kind of fish this is!)

 
Take a look at this octopus!

And what the heck are these white things???
 
 
(to be continued)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment