Monday, November 14, 2022

The Buddha and The Temples

It is an interesting fact that 98% of the Thai people are Buddhist. Thai people are known as the smiling people. I have never met a kinder, more helpful people! I have had total strangers go out of their way to help me. On several occasions. I feel very welcome here!

 
In front of a gold Buddha 


You can get and put gold leaf on the Buddha. Depending on where you put it is what help/support you would like from Buddha. 


You can donate to drape a Buddha in the marigold colored drape. You can also donate to get a lotus flower candle to light and float in water at a temple. You pick the color of the candle by what day of the week you were born. 

I am taking a tour of active temples here in Bangkok in 2 weeks, I will have a lot more photos then

No comments:

Post a Comment