Saturday, November 5, 2022

The Smiling City - Bangkok

 Hi all! So, I’m almost to Bangkok but had a layover in Manila.


It was 5:00 am so I had breakfast and tried some of their local fare.  The sausage seems to have some kind of starch in it besides the meat. Then there was a chicken burrito, garlic rice (yum!), flan (one of my favorites) some rice paper wrap over meat and a dessert that had chocolate on it. They don’t have Diet Coke in the Philippines, so I had a no sugar coke. I love to try new things in a new city. 

Then we were off to Bangkok! 


So I can’t get a feel of the city st first glance. In Paris it was the Eiffel Tower. In Istanbul it was the mosques. Bangkok is hiding its treasures to show me later.

All went well through customs, I met a lady who is from Thailand and married a Canadian and comes back to Thailand every year. She gave me several good ideas of what to see and do while I am here. I got an AOT Limosene and came directly to my condo. 


So, here’s the view from my living room. I’m on the 15th floor and have an incredible view! I’m looking forward to discovering this intriguing city! I have lots to tell you already and it’s only been 3 days! 

So off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment