Monday, November 14, 2022

The Marketplace Train

 I saw this advertised and I was sure I wanted to go here. This is an active marketplace that has a train run through it 2 times a day. 


The train whistle blows and the train S-L-O-W-L-Y moves through the marketplace.


We will see if the video will load. But in the meantime, here are some of the foods they sell at this marketplace. 


Lemongrass and ginger root


Fish


Water snakes (eel?)


Pig feet and other meats



Vegetables 


Flowers. I think mostly to honor the Buddha.


Various fruits. The orange colored fruit is actually a pomegranate. And the brown balls are lychee fruit. 


Watermelon, limes and passion fruit?  There are so many new, and delicious fruits here in Thailand that I want to learn about and taste. There will be another whole blog on Thai fruits





















No comments:

Post a Comment