Monday, March 23, 2015

Upcoming Trips

Upcoming Trips

Hi all!
I thought you might like to see when my upcoming trips are and the dates for future reference. I have been doing the planning of those trips since I have been here although they were in my plans from the beginning. Well, most of them! I am adding a few as I go along.

March 30 - April 12


Stockholm, Sweden, (March 30 - April 6) actually a workshop at Omberg, Sweden by a lake. I guess it is supposed to be just beautiful!


Bergen, Norway, (April 7 - April 9) a friend told me I just had to see this beautiful town so I will be spending 2 full days here before moving on.


Copenhagen, Denmark, (April 10 - 12) the town of Hans Christian Andersen and "The Little Dutch Girl". Well, I actually looked it up and Hans was actually born in Odense, Denmark but I think he lived in Copenhagen a while. I loved the movie with Danny Kaye where he played that character and I always remembered it. (Actually, I looked that up too and Hans did live in Copenhagen later in life!)

April 24 - May 7


Istanbul Turkey, I will be taking a Trafalgar tour around Turkey. So much history there! I have been researching Turkey online. Interesting culture! Can't wait to see it!

May 15 - June 3


Camino de Santiago, St. James Walk.  This adventure is actually a walk of 10 miles a day for 15 days. It is a spiritual pilgrimage that many people take to "cleanse their spiritual palate".  I have read of many camino walks both online and in books and each one has said that it was very healing for them. So, I want to try it! I am going with a tour group because I would like to have someone watching over me while I am doing this. I will be staying in hotels rather than youth hostels, but other than that, I will be walking 10 miles daily. We'll see how I do.  I did buy some good walking shoes and socks and I am practicing here in Paris. I walk or ride my bike or Metro everywhere I go so I am getting exercise and strength every day.

September 7 - September 22.



Egypt & Jordan. Again, a Trafalgar guided tour.  I have always wanted to go to Egypt. Yes, I know things are a little crazy in the world today so I am going with a tour group and I keep asking them about safety. I have had friends who have gone to Egypt and they noticed that there were guards guarding the tourists. Tourism is important to Egypt so they want to protect that stream of income. So, Egypt is on the map. Also, I have added in an end tour of "The Dead Sea Scrolls" Should be interesting. So far, they have not gotten enough reservations for the Egypt portion of this trip to confirm it but for the month of August they have scheduled 2 tours to Egypt so I think we will be ok but there is the possibility that the Egypt part of the trip will not fill up. Again, we will see. The Jordan and Dead Sea Scrolls part is a sure thing!

I am also hoping to plan trips to Belgium, England, Italy, Saltzburg, and Lucerne, Switzerland. Milan is having the world's fair there this year so that would be fun. I also learned about a retreat in Hungary at a remove natural mineral bath so I will be checking that out too.

So, Au Revoir until later!


No comments:

Post a Comment