Saturday, March 28, 2015

WIC, My Key To Happiness

WIC, My Key To Happiness!

Before I came to France, some of my friends were asking me if I knew anyone here and I think they were kinda concerned that I would be lonely. And, guess what? It started out that way. New town! New country! New language!

Fortunately, a friend back home suggested I check out WIC which is short for Women's International Club. What a blessing! I went to the monthly meeting last Monday which starts with a mixer, then a guest speaker, then a luncheon. It was held at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel. Very nice! I met women from many places around the world! And we all had such a lovely time visiting and exchanging information about life in Paris!

Here is a picture of my first 2 new friends, Eva and Michelle. Eva is from Hungary and Michelle is from Washington, D.C. Eva is a health coach and Michelle directs and produces stage productions.

As a quick follow up, one of the ladies, Marianne, organized a tea at the former residence of Pierre Cardin. There are 2 kinds of residences here in Paris. One is an apartment that you own and live in by yourself and the other is an apartment where it is like a small hotel. I think Pierre Cardin's apartment was like the latter - where he rented rooms out like a hotel.

The new owners, Le Reserve, have taken 4 years to renovate this place and it is just beautiful inside! It has only been open for 3 months! Marriane, the organizer from WIC had a good eye to pick this one out for us to gather here.


I think 8 ladies showed up and we had a wonderful time sharing stories and catching up.


Here is my new friend, Namtip. She is from Thailand. She, and another woman I met Monday, used to work together at UNESCO. Interesting careers! I told Namtip that I want to go to Thailand. She said, "Well, come and stay with me when you go there!" I think I will!


Here is Namtip and another new friend from Bulgaria. She used to be a model! Interesting women! Lots of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment