Sunday, May 31, 2015

So, Southern France - Laroque d'Alberes, Collioure, Belvianes-et-Cavirac, Quillan May 19 - 27

So, Southern France - Laroque d'Alberes, Collioure, Belvianes-et-Cavirac, Quillan, May 19 - 27, 2015

Hello all! Well, I am back in Paris, safe and sound and reflecting on my travels to southern France. I cannot begin to tell you how beautiful it was! I took around 355 pictures and I can only show you a few. And, please note, the area that I traveled to is only a very small portion of southern France. There is so much more to discover and enjoy there.

Laroque d'Alberes
This is the village that I stayed in for a week with 3 friends. What a beautiful place!
First of all, the area that we stayed in is more modern - like an American HOA district. The neighborhood was quiet and the neighbors were friendly and the house was wonderful! There were 4 of us and we all had our own rooms! There are storm shutters on the windows and when they are closed, it can be very dark, even during the day. I slept in the first morning there until 9:00 because I couldn't see any light!



The village was absolutely charming!




 
 


With its cobblestone streets, narrow winding roads and hilly terrain.





Everywhere you look there was beauty and splendor!

 


This is the oldest part of town. It used to be a fortress.
The flag you see raised - yellow and orange, is the Catalan flag. This area used to be part of Spain and they speak a distinct dialect - Catalan. 
 
 
 
Now you see why I had to take so many pictures of this beautiful place. It was magnificent beyond belief!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment