Friday, June 12, 2015

Paris - The Double-Decker Tour Bus

Paris - The Double-Decker Tour Bus

Ok, so I told you before that I had been a "tourist" one day but today, I really did it! I bought a two-day pass so that I could ride around and see all over this town and boy am I glad that I did!

First of all, the tour line is called L'Open Tour. I bought a 2 day ticket with boat trip included for, I think, 45 euro. When I think of how much I could spend to ride around in a taxi to show me around, I realized it was a great deal. And I found a couple of areas of town that I just love and never heard of before!

This tour group has 4 possible routes that you can take. You can get on and off and change to the different routes if you wish. My favorite routes were the purple and orange lines. The purple line takes you around the Sorbonne area, Notre Dame, the Seine, a part of the city called Bercy (which I really want to check out some more), and the Place de la Bastille. The orange line takes you around the central area of Paris on the left bank. The green line takes you to the Champs-Elysees, by the Eiffel Tower, Esplanade De Invalides - where Napleon was buried, the Arch De Triomphe, Place de Trocadero and The Louvre.

Later in the afternoon, I got off the bus and walked around the Eiffel Tower. There I found a bride and groom just sitting around and also actors where the man was proposing to the girl in front of the Eiffel Tower. It was very romantic.

I can't say enough about the boat ride because you get to go up and down the Seine and see everything from a new perspective! Again, I took too many pictures, but also, I discovered another place that is now one of my new favorites. It is the Jardin Des Plantes. (Garden of Plants) Sounds better in French doesn't it? Well, it expands a long distance along the Seine and I got off the  boat there at around 9:00 p.m. and the party was just starting! There were young people gathered at different parts of the park and some of them were playing band instruments and serenading the other park guests. As I walked on I also saw several playgrounds for children, many picnic(ers) and another part of the part had ballroom type dancing going on. There was fun for everyone! This city is really a city with a lot of passion and high energy. I like that about Paris! *

* My battery went dead on my phone so I didn't get to take pictures of the park. I will insert them later when I go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment