Friday, April 10, 2015

2nd Day In Stockholm

2nd Day In Stockholm

So, I spoke a little about Stockholm but here are some more interesting experiences I had. After a fabulous breakfast, I decided to take a walk while waiting for my time to go to the airport.

First of all, look at this beautiful flowerbox right outside the hotel door!

I turn to the left from Hotel Skeppsholmen and I
saw a harbor with historical vessels that are now homes to Stockholm residents.
They are moored in the harbor and have electricity. Each ship has a marque describing the dates when the ship was used and its previous purpose.


Interestingly, Sweden was never in a world war so the ships were not used during battle. I like how, I am sure it is the woman at home, put homey touches like plants on the deck and lawn chairs and tables for outside dining.

Across the bay is an oceanliner.

and an amusement park.
 
 
There is an art exhibit going on and this is a piece of art that is on exhibition at this show. A guy in his underwear.
 
I noticed how clean the streets were in spite of not seeing a single trash can! And here are the mailboxes for those who live on the pier.



I heard music and followed it and it turned out to be a boatmaker giving himself some inspiriation to do his job. It is clear that this is a fishing/boating community.
 

I need to come back here soon! There is so much to see and do in Stockholm!

No comments:

Post a Comment