Monday, April 20, 2015

Bergen, Norway, A Great Place To Eat! Anne Madam

Bergen, Norway, A Great Place To Eat! Anne Madam
 
So, when we are out and about in our world we need to eat and in Bergen I found a great place. I was wandering around the first night I got here and saw this place but, of course, it was closed. I saw it the second day also but it wasn't until the third day that I actually made it a point of going in.


It is called Anne Madam.
When I went in I found a clean modern environment, friendly service and local fare! I looked at another restaurant that toted local fare but had, I think, reindeer meat and that wasn't my thing.  But, take a look at this!
 
What we have here is local fish prepared 4 different ways. One fish dish was breaded and fried, one was in a casserole with potatoes. They were all just delicious! Silje, my server, asked if I would like a little fresh leek on top. Yes please! The drink is made of black currant and sugar and was also delicious! And the best part? The night before I ate at a sports bar and paid nearly $50 for ribs that frankly were a bit dry, baked potato, coleslaw and French fries and a coke. This meal, with the drink included, was just a little over $20, yes, American dollars! And it was spectacular! And, during the time that I was dining there I saw at least 15 locals coming in to buy fish cakes on their way home from work. And since I was sitting in the window, one woman who was walking by with her husband looked in the window at my food and had a big smile on her face. I motioned for her to come in. The man next to me at the counter said that she had food envy. And I see why!

Here is a picture of beautiful Silje who waited on me and with whom I had a lovely visit and here is . . .
 
Anton Engen, the owner of Anne Madam. The food is all prepared in Norway and the ice cream . . .
 

is prepared by a psychologist and his partner who moved to a rural area and were trying to figure out how to make a living and started making organic ice creams and sherberts. This one is lemon and honey.
 
Just so you know, the website for this restaurant is AnneMadam.com or Anne Madam.no. Check it out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment