Monday, April 27, 2015

A Day At Disneyland Paris

A Day At Disneyland Paris
 
So, who can plan an extended trip to Paris without going to Disneyland, Paris?
So, today I went to Disneyland. It's 6:30 at night as I am leaving and it is 66 degrees right now but the sun today was shining all day and we had a bright blue sky. 
This is a magical broom carrying water buckets from the movie Fantasia
 
The first thing I was looking for was familiarity and there wasn't much there to work with. 
Disney "adapted" (my travel word) Disneyland to fit into a Parisian format. For one thing, they didn't play a lot of old Disney songs. I think most old Disney songs are unfamiliar to the French so they played a number of old American classics that the French would be familiar with.  I forgot what song they were playing when I arrived at Disneyland but I found myself saying "What does this song have to do with Disneyland?" Not much in America but it resonates with the French people. Very clever! "Adapte" Paris Disneyland, California. 

I was hungry right away so I had a hamburger. It was one, if not the best, hamburger I have ever had, and no catsup! They only used mayonnaise but offer catsup if you would like. I am sure the French made the bread because it was delicious!
The fast food place was called Brown Derby after the famous Brown Derby restaurant in the U.S.

Paris Disneyland is divided into 3 parks: Disney Studios,
Disney Parks and Main Street USA where there is a Planet Hollywood and other restaurants and shops and entertainment.  Oh, and by the way, the ticket for an adult was 99 euro at the door or a "mini" (restricted) pass for one day 2 parks off season you can purchase online for 51 euro.  So, shop around and buy online at least 1 day in advance.

I first went to Disney Studios. They have thrill rides there and studio experiences. I first went to the (slow) ride of Ratatouille. You sat in a movable seat and went from room to room watching a screen about the movie Ratatoulle. It was very cute and was a new ride there. 
The second thing I did was a tram ride to a Disney back lot to show how they make special effects. 







They showed how movie special effects are made and a few sets and props. 

They had a fire break out
and a flood that you participated in.

After that I found a special effects train ride from the movie Armaggedon. That was lots of fun!

Then, I went over to Disney Park to go on a few rides.
The first ride was the train ride around the park. They started out with the Grand Canyon scenes and sounds that they have in Anaheim then moved on to a pioneer theme.
I got off at Frontierland
(Yep, this is Frontierland. Adapte, remember?)

and went straight for the Pirates of the Carribean ride. I accidentally got in line for another ride, Peter Pan.  When I got to Pirates of the Carribean, the line actually ran faster than the predicted wait for Peter Pan. I was trying to figure that one out too but I think it is that the French have not had the opportunity to be so "up close" to the Disney fantasy world and here was their opportunity. Peter Pan is a classic!
And who can come to Disneyland without going to It's A Small World After All?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Since I entered the park late the ticket "cast member" told me that I had to head back to main street for the parade that afternoon so that was my next stop.

I got there just a few minutes early and it was so fun to watch. I saw all the little girls in their princess costumes waiting for the Elsa and Anna characters of the Frozen movie. I saw the lights in those little girl's eyes and the smiles on their faces.
Then it was time to go. I saw one guest wearing a Remy (the mouse character in the movie Ratatouille) baseball cap.
It was grey with ears, a face and a mouse tail on the back. I had to have it!!! I was told they only had it in children's sizes. Oh well, we are all a kid at heart, right? So I got one!
You know what? It was different than the American Disneyland but you have to hand it to them, they know how to make you believe dreams do come true!

All hail to Disneyland Paris!  Wonderful job all!

No comments:

Post a Comment